We are currently seeking an Activities Coordinator to oversee our activities and events calendar. In this role, you will organize on-site activities and off-site excursions, seeking to build a sense of community while enriching the lives of our residents. These activities may include crafts, game nights, exercise classes, or cultural enrichment (such as museum exhibits, book readings, or cooking classes). You must have a flexible schedule around the holidays, as seasonal entertainment can significantly uplift the spirits of our residents. Applicants should have some experience in recreation as well as an energetic, positive attitude.
The NAS Activities Coordinator shall report to the NAS Director.
The NAS Activities Coordinator must be able to successfully perform and fulfill the essential job functions and duties listed below:
- Manage our activities calendar
- Organize on-site activities and events
- Organize off-site excursions
- Encourage resident and visitor participation
- Confirm bookings or reservations as needed
- Ensure a safe and fun environment for all participants
- Promote ongoing fitness and wellness activities to be led by volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include Website Management, e-mail mailing list, email, and social media sites.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of, and experience in, use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing to track information.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle matters of a sensitive nature.
- Able to work safely and to recognize and manage risk.
- Reliable, trustworthy and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NAS and the Nederland/Peak to Peak region.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
This job is a “Work from Home” position. It generally sedentary at a desk, working on website and communicating with volunteers. Extensive typing and data entry that requires use of fingers, wrists and sitting for long periods of time in close proximity to a computer screen. Job requires reading, writing, keyboarding, hearing, verbal communication and visually observing situations. Environmental factors include working closely with others, working with office machinery and exposure to noise. Must have ability to drive a motor vehicle. Job may require exposure to a variety of weather conditions and temperatures, slippery/uneven surfaces. Job requires working alone and as a member of a team.
Education, Experience and Formal Training
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience in recreation, hospitality, or a similar field (1+ years preferred)
- CPR certification (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
This is a part-time, 10 to 15 hour per week position at $18-$22 per hour with limited benefits.
All duties and descriptions listed in this position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work which may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.
It is the policy of the Nederland Area Seniors not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability related to a bona fide occupation qualification.