The Director will provide excellent customer service to the community and manage the day-to-day operations of the Nederland Area Seniors (NAS) and Mountain Peak Life (MPL) programs.
The NAS Director shall report to the NAS Board of Directors.
The NAS Director must be able to successfully perform and fulfill the essential job functions and duties listed below:
- Assist all visitors by providing information and answering questions in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Perform routine office duties to include answering phone, responding to callers in a timely manner, taking messages, filing, typing, corresponding with NAS Board, Finance Director, other staff and volunteers, getting mail from post office and processing mail, email, Meetup and phone messages, etc.
- Hire, train, supervise and submit payroll for all NAS office, kitchen and event staff in accordance with law and policies.
- Maintain data for all grant requirements and meet reporting deadlines.
- Work closely with Finance Director as required/needed.
- Maintain NAS/MPL records (memberships, contracts, financial, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with all grant and NAS policies, procedures and laws governing non-profits.
- Verify invoices, collect and record all income, submit all income and invoices to accountant.
- Acquire and maintain office equipment, supplies and Software for domain/website/Meetup and related licenses and fees.
- Prepare monthly report for Board meetings
Essential Duties, continued
- Will have the autonomy to adapt the signature NAS fundraising events; the Holiday Mountain Market and Pancake Breakfasts, to the changing needs and expectations of the community as needed, upon Board review and approval.
- Supervise and work with the Event Coordinator to plan and execute the NAS fundraising events.
- Supervise chef to ensure all meals are planned and executed in accordance with all regulations and to ensure smooth execution of all meal-related functions within the kitchen’s purview.
- Promote on-site and home-delivered meals to maintain and grow participation numbers.
- Act as “host” for all MPL meals and events. Record meal site reservations, specific dietary requests, attendance and program income per grantor requirements. Report monthly statistics to BCAAA.
- Develop and facilitate a minimum of two (2) programs per month that provide enrichment experiences for Nederland’s 50 and older community, to include people from the entire Peak-to-Peak region.
- Promote ongoing fitness and wellness activities to be led by volunteers.
- Create and deliver a monthly newsletter. Maintain an engaging social media presence.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include Microsoft Office and other networked computer functions, including Internet, email and social media sites.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of, and experience in, use of spreadsheets, databases and word processing to track information.
- Must be able to work under stress of meeting deadlines and changing priorities and be capable of producing quality and detailed work despite frequent interruptions within allotted work hours.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle matters of a sensitive nature.
- Able to work safely and to recognize and manage risk.
- Reliable, trustworthy and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NAS and the Nederland/Peak to Peak region.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Generally sedentary at a desk, exerting up to 10 pounds to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects. Tasks may require moderate lifting of 15-35 pounds under some circumstances. Other activities including filing may result in reaching, bending and standing. Extensive typing and data entry requires use of fingers, wrists and sitting for long periods of time in close proximity to a computer screen. Job requires reading, writing, keyboarding, hearing, verbal communication and visually observing situations. Environmental factors include working closely with others, working with office machinery and exposure to noise. Must have ability to drive a motor vehicle. Job may require exposure to a variety of weather conditions and temperatures, slippery/uneven surfaces. Job requires working alone and as a member of a team.
Education, Experience and Formal Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Previous office management experience.
- Minimum two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Supervisor training courses.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week). $24-$28 per hour. Paid Time off accrues 8 hours per month.
All duties and descriptions listed in this position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work which may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.
It is the policy of the Nederland Area Seniors not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability related to a bona fide occupation qualification.