This position will begin with 4 hours/week starting at $20/hour, from around 10am to 2pm, with possible increase to 8 hours/week in the next couple months.
The NAS Kitchen Staff shall report to the NAS Director.
- Follow safe food-handling procedures on receiving and serving catered meals.
- Preparing lunch area for dining: setting up tables, silverware, beverage station
- Serving plated meals to participants
- Cleaning up tables, dishwashing. General cleaning of used kitchen and lunch areas
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle matters of a sensitive nature.
- Reliable, trustworthy and able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NAS and the Nederland/Peak to Peak region.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Environmental factors include working closely with others, working with office machinery and exposure to noise. Must have ability to drive a motor vehicle. Job may require exposure to a variety of weather conditions and temperatures, slippery/uneven surfaces. Job requires working alone and as a member of a team.
Education, Experience and Formal Training
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Experience in recreation, hospitality, or a similar field (1+ years preferred)
- CPR certification (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
All duties and descriptions listed in this position description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work which may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the organization and requirements of the position change.
It is the policy of the Nederland Area Seniors not to discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability related to a bona fide occupation qualification.
If interested, please send your resume to: mountainpeaklife.reba@gmail.